I seem to be more inclined to do the Beautiful People meme when there’s a specific theme to it and not just ten random questions. The questions are ALWAYS good… but the March post sat pinned to my browser all month and I never did it.
And this month? I’m doing it like two days after Cait posted it. (actually I started writing it like two days after she posted it. How long it took me to finish it and get it posted is another thing entirely. But at least I did it XD)
So anyway. This month the theme is siblings, so I had to count how many sibling sets//groups I had and decide which one to to. Nevaeh and her brothers? Simon and Elias? Miki and Silver? Simon and Elias won. I love their brother-ship so much and I really need to explore and develop it more. There’s so much that I can build on with them, so much I NEED to build on, so this month’s BP is perfect for them.
These pictures are the closest faces I have for them, but neither are more than about half accurate.
(Dean’s face is the closest I can find for Elias even though it’s really not right… but it’s close… ish. Anyway.)
1. What is the first memory they have of each other? They both remember the day Elias was adopted and came home with their parents. Simon remembers it a bit more clearly than Elias does, since he’s older. Elias was about four, Simon was about seven…? Eight? Simon almost immediately claimed Elias as his brother and wouldn’t leave his side for days, but Elias took a bit longer to warm up to his new family, though Simon’s companionship definitely helped him adjust and it impacted their relationship a lot. As teenagers and adults, they’re not exactly buddy-buddy, but they would take on the world to save each other.
2. Describe their relationship in 3 words. Easy. Reliable. Strong.
3. What kind of things do they like to do together? They do low-key stuff like hang out in each other’s room, watch movies, and play video games together. It’s usually unofficial and spur-of-the-moment. Never planned.
4. What was their biggest fight? About Elias’s adoption. It’s always bothered him that he was adopted and he has some mental stuff to deal with from his birth family, so the fact that he was adopted by another family always made him feel and little inadequate and he had fears that sooner or later Simon’s family would get tired of him and send him off to someone else. During his early and mid teen years those fears and problems got worse and eventually Simon got him to tell him everything. So they ended up fighting about it with Simon’s side being, no they love him and he’s their son//brother now and they’d never even think of sending him away and Elias’s side being, but you don’t know that for sure do you?
5. How far would they go to save each other? As I mentioned above, they would move mountains for each other. I think sometimes they sorta take for granted that they have each other, but in Broken Wing, they’re love for each other is put to the test.
6. What are their pet peeves about each other? Simon gets so annoyed when Elias brings up the fact that he’s adopted and Elias gets peeved that Simon seems to forget he’s been adopted.
7. What are their favorite things about each other? Elias admires how loyal Simon is and the understated feeling about him that if you hurt someone he loves, you will regret it, even though Simon’s usually pretty happy and content. He cares deeply and so does Elias, but Elias doesn’t see that he has the same trait. Simon loves Elias for his sometimes fierce personality and his random volatileness. He likes it when Elias will hit him for no reason because he knows it’s his brother’s way of trying to say “I love you”.
8. What traits do they share? Mannerisms, clothing, quirks, looks, etc? They obviously don’t look very similar and they’re styles are a bit different I think. They probably talk similarly just because they grew up together and were around the same people.
9. Who has the stronger personality? I would say Elias. Even before Broken Wing when his brain and emotions are messed with, he was always the one with a stronger reaction to a situation that Simon. Even though after his procedure, Simon can be unstable, before he was always the calmer of the two. Though Simon definitely still has his strong points.
10. How does their relationship change throughout your story? I think they realize not to take for granted that they’ll always have one another. They definitely become closer. They have some rough road ahead of them because they’re both changed men after SceptCo gets through with them and so in many ways they have to figure out how to make their relationship still work. They have to get to know each other again.